Contribute to the cause by educating yourself on the current environmental issues
There are many steps that can be taken to help help prevent climate change
1. Reduce water waste! It takes a lot of energy to pump water. So by reducing the amount of water waste, the amount of carbon pollution produced is reduced.
2. Think about your mode of transportation. Attempt to replace driving a vehicle with walking or biking. Or, invest in a fuel-efficient vehicle. Less fuel used allows for lower amounts of air pollution.
3. Lower the amount of wasted food. 10% energy is used for the manufacturing of food. By buying less food and avoiding the wastage of food, it cuts down on energy consumption.
4. Vote smart. With electing for representatives, vote for those that will fight for this cause in office.
5. Recycle. Through the process of recycling, no greenhouse gases are emitted. Along with this, recycling is eco-friendly and cost efficient.
What's the Problem?
By definition, climate change is the change in global temperatures. In the last few years, the temperatures on Earth have reached an all time high. The sea levels are rising, glaciers are melting, and plants are not blooming. All these irreversible and catastrophic changes are due to human activities. Gases in the Earth's atmosphere are blocking heat from escaping. And this is caused from the burning of fossil fuels to power factories, cars, and more. Change needs to happen soon. And if not, the Earth will become inhabitable.